I-94 Form


The I-94 Form is the Arrival / Departure Record that is issued by the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer to foreign visitors entering the United States. Starting May 2013, all I-94 records are created electronically. At the time of arrival, the foreign visitors are provided with a stamp in the passport indicating the Class of Admission and the Departure Date. The foreign visitor must exit the US on or before the departure date stamped in the passport.

To retrieve your I-94 form, please follow these steps:

  • Wait 24 hours from your arrival in the US before you attempt to retrieve your I-94 number
  • Go to the CBP website and make sure that computer you are using is connected to a printer.
  • Enter required information in all CAPITAL letters. Please make sure you enter your name exactly as it appears in your passport.
  • Click SubmitYou have to print a document like this, but with your personal information:

What to do if your I-94 form is NOT FOUND online:

If you tried to retrieve your I-94 from and you receive a response that your I-94 is “Not Found”, please read the following questions to help you check for mistakes and try to enter the information again:

  • Did you enter your first and last name the same way it appears on your passport?  Please do not use dashes or titles.
  • Did you enter the passport number that appears on the upper right hand side of your passport?
  • Did you enter your country of citizenship (country that issued the passport, not where you currently live)?
  • Under Class of Admission, did you enter the visa classification that appears on your U.S. visa OR, if you are traveling under the visa waiver program (VWP) enter WT/WB?
  • If you entered your first and middle name and it is not found, try one name or the other.  Also try entering your first and middle name in the first name box.
  • Try entering either your most recent date of entry or your original date of entry into the U.S.
If you still cannot find your I-94, please follow these steps:
  • Call the nearest Deferred Inspection site during their office hours. 
Please make sure to have the following documents on you when placing the call:

  •   Passport
  •   DS-2019
  •   Boarding Pass
  • Inform the CBP officer of the issues you are experiencing retrieving your I-94 record and ask if they can assist you over the phone. The CBP officer might inform you that you need to appear in person
  • If you need to report to the Deferred Inspection site in person, please make sure that you report to the Deferred Inspection Site during office hours and bring the following documents with you:
    •  Passport
    •  DS-2019
    •  Boarding Pass

If you have arrived in the United States before May 2013, then you should have a paper I-94 record (white card).  Make sure that your paper I-94 card is stapled to your passport and is kept in a safe place.  If you lose your paper I-94 card, you will need to replace it and pay $330.  For specific instructions on filing paperwork to replace your lost/stolen I-94 document, please contact your Outreach Coordinator.