- The W-4 form informs your Host Company the amount of taxes that should be deducted from each of your paychecks.
- This form will be provided to you by your Host Company.
- You must complete the form so that you can be entered into your Host Company’s payroll system.
- As a J-1 program participant, you are required to pay Federal, State and Local Taxes. These will be about 15% – 20% of your paycheck. You will get most of your taxes back, when you file for tax return at taxback.com
- You should NOT pay Social Security or Medicare/Medicaid taxes.