Before Your Program
Welcome to Alliance Abroad Group! You can trust you are in good hands with us – we want to make sure you have a safe journey to the U.S., a smooth transition once you get here, and an enjoyable and stress-free experience. Below are a few tips for you to start preparing for your journey to the United States.
What to do Before Your Program
Before you go to the U.S.:
- Go to your Embassy/ Appointment for your J-1 Visa: read visa interview tips here.
- Book your ticket and provide your arrival information to AAG: here
- Complete the mandatory pre-departure Orientation: here
- Review important documents: here
- Familiarize yourself with your insurance information: here
- If your housing is participant arrange, secure your housing: here
- Read Top Facts to Remember
- Bring enough money with you to the U.S. (budget tips here)
- Pack your bags!
- Then, once you arrive have the time of your life and be sure to share your story with us on Facebook, our Blog or Twitter.
Of course, if you still have questions during or before your program, you can reach out to your Outreach Coordinator or call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week